New Chapter Duties
A Chapter Director is the representative of Newborns in Need in a local community. Each Chapter Director is responsible for all administrative duties pertaining to the chapter.
- You must be willing to share the Newborns in Need mission per the guidelines set forth by the leaders of the national organization.
- Finding volunteers in your local community and leading local fundraising.
- Fundraising is required for all chapters. Those not participating will be moved to inactive status.
- Leadership and communication skills are required. You must be able to nurture, encourage and motivate your volunteers in a professional and caring way.
- Storage is required for items. Be sure you can store the donations at home or at a donated area that is smoke-free.
- Establishing relationships with recipient agencies.
- Adhering to all Newborns in Need reporting requirements which include monthly reports of chapter activity. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Adhering to NIN financial policies and reporting requirements.
- You are the main contact for the chapter. You will be the liason between the chapter and the volunteers, as well as between the chapter and the Newborns in Need national office.
- Once established, you will be provided a NIN e-mail address. You must agree to use it and check it on a DAILY basis.
- Read our website, visit our Facebook page and be sure you understand what our organization is about.
- You must be 21 years of age or older, or have an adult sponsor to start a chapter.
- You agree to a phone interview as part of the application process.
- It is recommended to have two other permanent volunteers in your chapter, or create a board to help you run your chapter. We understand this could take a few months for volunteers to step up to be part of the leadership team.
- A $50.00 non-refundable application fee is required to start a chapter. You can do this via our “Donate” link on our website. You understand that Newborns in Need will do a background check.